Gisteren kon je lezen dat het nieuwe seizoen van SoulCalibur VI op 25 november begint. Voordat dit seizoen van start gaat, zal er op de dag zelf eerst een patch met versienummer 2.00 uitkomen die de game klaarstoomt voor het tweede seizoen.
Bandai Namco heeft alvast de patch notes vrijgegeven en zoals je in het overzicht hieronder kan lezen, wordt de game op bijna elk vlak aangepakt, waarbij de toevoeging van de PS4 Tournaments vooral opvalt.
Bij seizoen 2 hoort ook een nieuwe trailer die je alle veranderingen toont. Hoewel je die gisteren in het Japans kon bekijken, brengen we je nu de Engelstalige versie. De trailer is te vinden onder de patch notes.
Compatibility Support of “Season Pass 2”.
- This update includes compatibility support for “Season Pass 2” (launches November 26).
Compatibility Support of the paid DLC #7
- This update includes compatibility support of the paid DLC #7 playable character “Hilde” (launches November 26, included in “Season Pass 2”).
Compatibility Support of the paid DLC #8
- This update includes compatibility support of the paid DLC8 “Creation Parts Set C” (launches November 26, included in “Season Pass 2”).
Additional Creation Items
- The following Creation Items will be available for everyone after installing this update.
Crown Princess Helm
Crown Princess Helm (Visor Up)
Crown Princess Armor
Crown Princess Attire
Crown Princess Footwear
- The following stages will be available for everyone after installing this update.
Silver Wolves’ Haven
Grand Labyrinth – Sealed Corridor (only available in Training mode).
- Brand new moves will be added to each character.
- New Battle System “Soul Attack” will be added to the game – A strengthened strike that can turn the tide of a battle.
- New Battle System “Resist Impact” will be added to the game – The ultimate defense move capable of repelling any attack including the currently unblockable ones.
- With this update, Reversal Edge will not shift to Reversal Edge clash when opponent guards the attack.
- With this update, a character will receive slight damage even when a grapple break is successful (a character will not get knocked out by this damage).
- We will also make some modifications on gameplay and balance adjustments.
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Tutorial Battle in Mission: Libra of Soul. (Players can learn about the battle systems in “Drona’s Dojo” in Mission: Libra of Soul.)
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Combat Lessons in Museum.
- Due to the addition of new moves and the balance adjustment, we will update the content of Fighting Style Lessons in Museum.
- For battle adjustment details, please check here.
- In Ranked Match, we will make a player’s rank move up and down more frequently by adjusting the amount of points that increase / decrease. This update is intended to make the rank reflect the players’ skill rather than the number of times they have played.
- In Ranked Match, players will be given names according to their ranks. Accordingly, the plate design will be renewed to match the names of each rank.
- In Ranked Match, we will inform the player before a match that will affect the player’s ranks.
- In Ranked Match, we will inform the player after a match when the player’s rank changes.
“Search” will be optimized in Ranked Match.
- In Casual Match, we will add text chat to allow players to communicate freely.
- In Casual Match, we will add new fixed phrases.
- Requirements for uploading replays in the Latest Replays will be changed.
- We will renew certain UI such as Select Character, Select Stage, and Health Gauge.
- In Training, we will add functions that accommodate the addition of new battle systems.
- In Options, 1 action can now be allocated to two different buttons.
Additional Functions for PlayStation 4
- We will add “PS4 Tournaments” to Network. This is a new mode that supports tournaments sponsored by ESL.
Game System Adjustments
- We will fix an issue where the wrong character’s voice gets played during battles.
Some text will be revised.
- We will also make changes that accompany various changes in Season 2 and make improvement of the stability of several movements.
Character Creation Adjustments
- We will fix an issue where the facial expressions of some characters becomes different from the expected expression when those characters wear “Great Helm” or “Tracksuit Pants”.
- There is an issue where when “War Maiden’s Costume” is worn together with “YoRHa Unit Number Two Standard Armor (Color #2)” or “YoRHa Unit Number Two Skirtless (Color #2)”, the parts sink very deep into the body of the character wearing them. We will fix this issue by disallowing to wear these parts together. It will be the same setting as the (Color #1) version.
- We will fix an issue where some arm parts would not be displayed properly when they are worn together with “Purge Half-Armor.”
- With this update, “Rubber Mask” and “Destruction Mask” will not be able to be worn together. This change will not affect the variations of character appearance a player can create, as they are the combination that, when worn together, would not be displayed.